Friday, September 18, 2009

Rykie's book


It often happens that we have free time during the morning if classes are suddenly cancelled etc. and I decided to make use of it in a constructive way. I enjoy writing songs, but never attempted to write poems or plays. I started writing a Christmas Play for Primary school children. I included songs and translated it into English. Now the play is in both languages. I then wrote one poem after the other and it became such a wonderful experience that I wrote about 20 English and 20 Afrikaans poems (not translations). We decided to have it printed and bound into one book. So now I have a few copies of my book called: Sing, say, play and Sing, se, speel. Later I hope to have a CD with the songs on as well. A friend helped me to do the songs on the computer with a very amazing song writing program.

Johan and Susan Loubser came to visit us (teacher's in Korea from Mooreesburg) and bought my first copy.

2 comments:

Amanda Sands said...

Hello Rykie!! I want to order a book too!!

Unknown said...

Hello Julle!

Pieter het gevra ek moet ons email vir julle hier aangee.
Dit is hmschroder@xsinet.co.za

Groete
Heinrich en Mariaan